- Who Are The Han Chinese People? - waslieblaban.tk.
- RNA Viruses: A Practical Approach?
- The Limits of Disenchantment: Essays on Contemporary European Philosophy?
- When humans try to tame nature things rarely go according to plan;
- Study finds river valleys shape genetic landscape of Han Chinese - Xinhua | waslieblaban.tk!
- River Valleys Influenced Mitochondrial Landscape Among Han Chinese Populations | GenomeWeb;
Craig Mishler has been doing field work on Alaskan folklore and anthropology since He received his doctorate from the University of Texas at Austin in and is an affiliate associate professor of anthropology at the University of Alaska, Anchorage. In , he received a Ph. Craig Mishler , William E.
- Account Options;
- Boundaries of a Complex World.
- Search Results?
- The Han — China's Majority Ethnic Group!
- Engaging Words: The Culture of Reading in the Later Middle Ages?
- Note on Torsional Measurement of Variations of the Acceleration of Gravity by Interference Methods (.
The upper Yukon River basin is one of the wildest, most beautiful, and coldest places on earth. As the Han empires expanded, many ancient ethnic groups such as Huns, Siberians, Khitan in northern China and the Thai-Khadai speaking peoples in the south vanished from history. Some researchers think these minorities became extinct, but others believe they were absorbed into the Han Chinese population.
More from South China Morning Post:. For the latest news from the South China Morning Post download our mobile app.
Copyright News Home. Follow us. Stephen Chen. South China Morning Post 22 May View photos.
Tr'ondëk Hwëch'in (Han)
What to read next. From their DNA analyses, the team calculated the geographical distributions, and using mitochondrial DNA, which is only passed down by mothers , also explored the maternal genetic structure of contemporary Han Chinese according to different classifications, including language dialects, geography and river valleys. Kong's team dated these patterns of genetic differences in Han Chinese, showing their first emerged around the late Holocene era about 10, years ago. Their study, which used more diagnostic variants and more samples covering all provinces, has led to a better understanding of the maternally genetic landscape of Han Chinese.
For future studies, they can also assess the paternal genetic landscape of Han Chinese by using Y chromosome data of large number of samples, as well as the forces shaped the paternal genetic structure of this ethnic group, so as to more fully understand the ethnohistory of Han Chinese. Note: Content may be edited for style and length. Science News. River valleys shaped the maternal genetic landscape of Han Chinese.
Related Han: People of the River
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved